MGM Resorts International Runner/Busser - The Market (MGM National Harbor) in National Harbor, Maryland
National Harbor, Maryland
It is the responsibility of the Bus/Runner to maintain the assigned section and keep tables in a clean, sanitary condition. This includes removing dirty dishes and debris from the tables and supplying tables and side stations with clean dishes, silverware, glassware, and condiments. The bus/runner also works in conjunction with Food Servers to ensure that outstanding guest service is constantly achieved, while following all local and departmental policies and procedures. This includes ensuring efficient delivery of food to the restaurant, according to standards set by the employee manual.
• Maintains food and beverage stations in a clean and orderly manner.
• Cleans and sanitizes all equipment.
• Keeps all floors free of debris and spills.
• Sweeps and mops floors, and empties garbage, as required by the property.
• Maintains par stock levels in all beverage stations.
• Cleans and sanitizes all tables and chairs.
• Retrieves orders the warehouse and stocks storeroom.
• Assists with proper stock rotation.
• Runs food as required by the Department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• One year fast paced, high volume restaurant operations experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certification in food handling, alcohol awareness, gaming, etc., as mandated by local law.
• English Language Proficiency: The ability to speak and understand English when giving and receiving instructions, and talking with management, coworkers, and guests. This includes using correct grammar when speaking and not using slang terms.
• Listening: The ability to understand key pieces of spoken information, separating relevant from irrelevant information, and following verbal instructions and explanations. This includes listening attentively to spoken information to ensure that the intended message has been accurately received, holding responses until the person has finished making his/her point, and repeating information to ensure accuracy.
• Bussing: Knowledge of proper bussing procedures including how to remove and separate tableware (e.g., plateware, glassware, flatware), and clean crumbs and debris from tables and floors.
• Dining Environment: The ability to monitor an indoor or outdoor dining environment to ensure the room is running smoothly and guests are receiving assistance as requested. This includes demonstrating an appropriate awareness of atmosphere and maintaining correct settings for music, room temperature (including fireplace use), curtains, ceiling fans, lighting, and lamps for the time of day and/or year.
• Restaurant: Knowledge of property restaurants including food concepts, menu items, price range, dress code, and ambiance.
• Beverage Knowledge: Knowledge of liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic drinks served on restaurant premises.
• F&B Service Standards: Knowledge of all food and beverage service standards and procedures including service time, presentation, and quality standards.
• Food Storage and Rotation: Knowledge of procedures and temperatures for storing and rotating food stock in coolers, refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, etc. to maintain freshness (“First In, First Out”). This includes preparing, labeling, dating, rotating, and pulling perishable foods and drinks in accordance with storage guidelines; identifying food products that do not meet company or compliance standards; and knowledge of policies and procedures for discarding food items or products.
• Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick, accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand, one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
• Hand-Eye Coordination: The ability to coordinate one's eyes with one's fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
• Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks.
• Team Work: The ability to participate as a committed member of a team. This includes cooperating and working well with other team members to accomplish goals and meet guest needs, being supportive of others, willingly helping others, objectively considering others’ ideas and opinions, sharing information with others, adhering to team expectations and guidelines, giving proper credit to others, and fulfilling team responsibilities.
• Stamina: The ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks such as standing and sitting for long periods.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
MGM Resorts International believes in providing opportunity for every employee to grow, develop and succeed in a work environment where you can be your best. We encourage you to explore our job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org