MGM Resorts International Asst Executive Steward (MGM National Harbor) in Oxon Hill, Maryland
National Harbor, Maryland
It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant Executive Steward to assist in supervising the stewarding department. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Grand policies, practices, and procedures.
• Assist in overseeing operations in the stewarding department to ensure departmental strategic goals and intent are being met and exceeding expectations.
• Manage Human Resources responsibilities to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company and department policies, and legal requirements.
• Assist in handling all stewarding related labor relations issues. Assists in the investigation of such issues. Provide recommendations and issues appropriate counseling, suspensions, and terminations.
• Oversee on the job training & development programs through stewarding managers on a regular basis.
• Implement of F&B policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, work schedules, rules and regulations for the stewarding staff and personnel.
• Coordinate purchase needs and parts to properly operate Food & Beverage outlet needs and fill outlet requisitions.
• Ensure all employees are properly trained in the Stewarding policies and procedures and use of all equipment.
• Act as a liaison with contract companies.
• Coordinate and communicate with all outside vendors and services, and Health Department.
• Other job related duties as requested
• Steward Supervisor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Associates Degree in Business, Hospitality, related field, or equivalent work experience
• At least four (4) years of experience in management or supervisory role
• At least three (3) years of experience in stewarding or equivalent field
• Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality
• Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Gaming License
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Working knowledge of kitchens, dish machines and chemical awareness.
• Ability to use a telephone, copier, computer, 10 key and machine
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at firstname.lastname@example.org at mailto:email@example.com .