MGM Resorts International Quick-Service Restaurant Worker (MGM National Harbor) in Oxon Hill, Maryland
National Harbor, Maryland
It is the primary responsibility of the Quick Service Restaurant Worker (Fountain Worker) to provide high-quality food and beverage service to guests in a fast-paced work environment while following all local and departmental policies and procedures and in accordance to service standards.
Please note: By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you may be considered for Full-Time, Part-Time or On-Call employment at any of the outlets below:
• Greets guests in a prompt, positive, friendly manner and making them feel welcome by anticipating the guest’s needs and responding appropriately with a sense of urgency. Bids guests farewell, using guest’s name when known, and encourages them to return.
• Takes and accurately inputs orders into POS, receives payment and makes proper change, completes required transactions, and categorizes tendered receipts by media type.
• Communicates with managers, co-workers, and guests in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and/or other employees.
• Exhibits proper knowledge of menu items, using selling techniques and service delivery for all items on the menu.
• Prepares and serves food and beverage items to guests.
• Packs the orders as per guests’ preference, and completes the order with any necessary condiments.
• Performs all opening and closing duties based upon shift assignment.
• Refills and stocks all supplies and machines within the outlet, and unloads warehouse orders, and stocks the orders to designated storage areas.
• Maintains the cleanliness of all front and back of the house areas within the outlet.
• Work as a team, assisting all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
• Follows all health, sanitization, and safety regulations and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of one year of serving experience in a fast-paced, quick service restaurant operations.
• Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certification in food handling, alcohol awareness, gaming, etc., as mandated by local law.
• English Language Proficiency: The ability to speak and understand English when giving and receiving instructions, and talking with management, coworkers, and guests. This includes using correct grammar when speaking and not using slang terms.
• Listening: The ability to understand key pieces of spoken information, separating relevant from irrelevant information, and following verbal instructions and explanations. This includes listening attentively to spoken information to ensure that the intended message has been accurately received, holding responses until the person has finished making his/her point, and repeating information to ensure accuracy.
• Property Features/Services: Knowledge of services, amenities, hours of operation, property layout, and activities offered by property.
• Dining Environment: The ability to monitor an indoor or outdoor dining environment to ensure the room is running smoothly and guests are receiving assistance as requested. This includes demonstrating an appropriate awareness of atmosphere and maintaining correct settings for music, room temperature (including fireplace use), curtains, ceiling fans, lighting, and lamps for the time of day and/or year.
• Restaurant: Knowledge of property restaurants including food concepts, menu items, price range, dress code, and ambiance.
• Beverage Knowledge: Knowledge of liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic drinks served on restaurant premises.
• Wine: Knowledge of unique characteristics of wines served on the premises including grape variety, region/origin, and type/style of wine.
• F&B Service Standards: Knowledge of all food and beverage service standards and procedures including service time, presentation, and quality standards.
• Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick, accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand, one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
• Team Work: The ability to participate as a committed member of a team. This includes cooperating and working well with other team members to accomplish goals and meet guest needs, being supportive of others, willingly helping others, objectively considering others’ ideas and opinions, sharing information with others, adhering to team expectations and guidelines, giving proper credit to others, and fulfilling team responsibilities.
• Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks.
• Physical Strength: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, stomach, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
• Stamina: The ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks such as standing and sitting for long periods.
MGM Resorts International develops, builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 77,000+ employees, the Company is one of the world's leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at firstname.lastname@example.org at mailto:email@example.com .