MGM Resorts International Tap Sports Bar Server - Part time (MGM Springfield) in Springfield, Massachusetts
It is the primary responsibility of the Gourmet Food Server to provide high quality food and beverage service to guests. All duties must be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department/Company and property policies, practices, procedures, and service standards.
• Possesses and maintains an in- depth of knowledge on all food and beverage products served at the property.
• Provides prompt, friendly, courteous and outstanding food and beverage guest service at all times, while anticipating guest needs.
• Serves alcoholic beverages to guests and verifies age of any guest who looks under the age of thirty. Alerts Management immediately if any guest appears to be intoxicated.
• Thanks all guests and uses guest surname, if known.
• Maintains cleanliness of the entire area including the floors, tables, ledges, counters, etc.
• Maintains complete familiarity with all menu items and specials.
• Follows all uniform and appearance standards.
• Ensures that tables are properly set, side stations are clean, and all side work is properly done.
• Resets tables after use and accurately rings all charges through the POS system.
• Maintains proper sanitary and safety practices.
• Offers additional service to ensure an outstanding guest experience.
• Assists with initial guest complaints and informs manager on duty immediately.
• Maintains the ability to service assigned stations as required.
• Remains in control and maintains composure during high volume situations.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of one year of serving experience in a fast-paced, high-volume restaurant operation.
• Or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Six (6) months of gourmet server experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Certification in food handling, alcohol awareness, gaming, etc., as mandated by local law.
• English Language Proficiency: The ability to speak and understand English when giving and receiving instructions, and talking with management, coworkers, and guests. This includes using correct grammar when speaking and not using slang terms.
• Listening: The ability to understand key pieces of spoken information, separating relevant from irrelevant information, and following verbal instructions and explanations. This includes listening attentively to spoken information to ensure that the intended message has been accurately received, holding responses until the person has finished making his/her point, and repeating information to ensure accuracy.
• Property Features/Services: Knowledge of services, amenities, hours of operation, property layout, and activities offered by property.
• Dining Environment: The ability to monitor an indoor or outdoor dining environment to ensure the room is running smoothly and guests are receiving assistance as requested. This includes demonstrating an appropriate awareness of atmosphere and maintaining correct settings for music, room temperature (including fireplace use), curtains, ceiling fans, lighting, and lamps for the time of day and/or year.
• Restaurant: Knowledge of property restaurants including food concepts, menu items, price range, dress code, and ambiance.
• Beverage Knowledge: Knowledge of liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic drinks served on restaurant premises.
• Wine: Knowledge of unique characteristics of wines served on the premises including grape variety, region/origin, and type/style of wine.
• F&B Service Standards: Knowledge of all food and beverage service standards and procedures including service time, presentation, and quality standards.
• Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick, accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand, one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
• Team Work: The ability to participate as a committed member of a team. This includes cooperating and working well with other team members to accomplish goals and meet guest needs, being supportive of others, willingly helping others, objectively considering others’ ideas and opinions, sharing information with others, adhering to team expectations and guidelines, giving proper credit to others, and fulfilling team responsibilities.
• Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks.
• Physical Strength: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, stomach, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
• Stamina: The ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks such as standing and sitting for long periods.
• Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies
• Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
MGM Resorts International is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, MGM Resorts International will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
MGM Resorts International believes in providing opportunity for every employee to grow, develop and succeed in a work environment where you can be your best. We encourage you to explore our job opportunities. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact our Corporate Diversity and Disability Outreach department at 1-844-247-0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org